Semester Reflection

I feel like i have been able to improve my quality of work with my photography this semester. I took this class because I wanted to learn more about photography and improve how to take photos. I feel like I was able to successfly complete the objectives of each project. I try to go beyond that but it is very difficult for me because Its hard to capture my ideas.
I planned on putting the same effort for this class that I do for my other classes. I try to shoot more than is required but a lot of the times I dont like how the photos turned out so i reshoot and take them again. I definitely do have a postivie attitude when looking at another students work. I like doing this because if im struggling with an assignment it gives me an idea for what I could do. I dont want to copy other students ideas, but I want to take inspiration from them. I also have a positive attitude towards my own photos because if I have a negative attitude I wont accomplish any good photography.
In class I always try to catch up on my work and work on assignments. For the most part I have turned in my assignements on time. I try to use my weekends to shoot photos for this class. Throughout class periods I check the blog to see if we have any assignments and If possible go out and shoot at school. When im not shooting photos I try to retouch them in photoshop to enhance them in class so i can turn in the final piece.
I would think of myself as a very simple photographer. I try to think out of the box with my photos but Im not sure if it works for me. Its hard for me to find ideas and feel creative with them and turn them into my own. I dont want to feel as if I am copying someone elses work so i try to avoid it. I think since this class I have been able to enhance and improve my images. I have a new concept of what photography really is.
Next semester I want to challenge myself. I want to put more effort in my photos and be more creative with them.

Comments